Life is Good

Life is Good & Learning Everyday


I love my new job as a Realtor!  Each day something new comes along that I get to wrap my head around so I become knowledgeable about what ever it happens to be.  This week I learned about polybutylene pipes. Polybutylene is a form of plastic resin that was used extensively in the manufacture of water supply piping from the late 70's to mid 90's.  At the time it was considered "the pipe of the future" and was used as a substitute for copper piping.  Guess where it was most commonly found - yup - Florida.  Little did they know at the time that the piping and fittings deteriorated from the oxidants in the public water supply (chlorine) and subsequently insurance companies have 'blacklisted' this material.  In short, you can't get insurance on a home with polybutylene piping.  A whole house re-plumb is the only way to get around it. If it's in a condo; be prepared to pay cash.

When you are buying a home, make sure you pay close attention to the sellers disclosure... It's for your benefit as a buyer.  And don't forget to schedule your home for inspection right away.

Need help finding a new home - Call ME!  321-508-1911



Click here to search Brevard Homes

Like me on Facebook - Eileen Olejarski, Realtor SunCoast Real Estate Group

Email me




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring is in the Air!