Spring is in the Air!


Happy Easter to all.  You might have seen this picture before but I keep going back to it because it reminds me that each new day is fresh start; a new beginning.  It doesn't matter if goals were not met the day before, get up and work on them again today.  Although I don't celebrate the religious meaning of Easter anymore, I am thankful for the gathering of my family each year.  I think there will be a count of 26 this year.  I'm always asked to make Irish Bread and "Aunt Fran's Famous Macaroni Salad".  "Aunt Fran" of course being my Mom. It was a dish she always made and everyone loves.  I think I made it for about 5 years prior to her passing and have continued to make it in her honor for the past 11 years. Here's the recipe if you would like to try it:

"Aunt Fran's Famous Macaroni Salad"

1 lb box of elbow noodles
2 cans of Albacore Tuna (drained)- I use Bumble Bee White Albacore in water
1/2 to 3/4 jar Mayonnaise (at least) I use Hellmann's Light
3-4 Tbs fresh parsley
3-4 medium tomatoes (seeds removed)
salt and pepper to taste

Cook noodles as directed  and let cool.  I usually lay them out on cookie sheets to cool faster. Add half the ingredients together and mix then continue to add the rest mixing well.  It's always important to have a taste tester :).  My trick is that I make the salad the day before and refrigerate overnight so all the flavors can marry, then before I put in the serving dish I mix in more mayo (and salt & pepper if needed). I do this because it will be a little dry after the noodles soak everything in.
If you want to be fancy you can put sliced tomatoes and parsley leaves on top for presentation.

If you make it I would love to hear back from you to see how you liked it :)

Here's a picture of today's Irish Bread - Please email me if you would like the recipe.

Happy Easter and Enjoy !


Eileen

Click here to search Brevard Homes

Like me on Facebook - Eileen Olejarski, Realtor SunCoast Real Estate Group

Email me




Comments

Popular posts from this blog